Dog lost in north Green Lake

What do you think? (15 Comments) April 16, 2012 at 1:36PM

Have you seen this dog? Roxy, a 16-pound white whippet/jack russell terrier mix, escaped from her leash at the north end of Green Lake Park yesterday afternoon (Sunday, April 15, 2012). She was last seen in the blackberry bushes along the north side of Meridian Ave N & N 85th St,  across the street from Bishop Blanchet High School.

Roxy has tan ears and a tan circle around her left eye. She is not wearing a collar but is microchipped.

According to her owners, Roxy is very skittish and will run if chased.

If you have seen Roxy, please call (206) 399-5676 or (206) 240-7392. Her owners are offering a reward to anyone who can return her safely.

15 Responses to “Dog lost in north Green Lake”

1. Kit says:

I’ll look for her when I walk my dog.  Is she afraid of other dogs?  Or maybe attracted to them? I have a little beagle mix.

• Roxy's owner says:

This is Roxy’s owner. Roxy is afraid of other dogs, people and practically anything that moves (this is the reason she wiggled out of her harness in the first place). I’d say your best bet if you see her is to call animal control or give me a call on my cell phone at (206) 399-5676. Thank you for all your help!

2. Cat says:

She is adorable.  I hope you find her.  I’ll keep my eyes out for her.  How big is she?

3. Rpregulman says:

Is she still lost? I have a blog for Seattle dog owners and I’ll post about her on my site if you haven’t fund her yet (I hope you found her).

4. tamara adlin says:

Hi there…a friend told me about the missing pet partnership…apparently they even have tracker dogs to help find lost pets. Worth a try to bring her home safely and quickly! Best of luck! Here’s the link: http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/seattle-lostpethelp.php

5. Roxy's owners says:

We just want to thank everyone who has called in with their tips and/or has put in the time and effort to try and catch our little dog for us. Your generosity has deeply touched us and we greatly appreciate all your efforts.

Roxy was seen last night (Weds 4/18) hanging out in the parking lot of Lakeside Realty at the north end of Green Lake. Please continue to keep your eyes peeled for her and thank you again for all of your help!

6. Dog Lover says:

Roxy was returned to her owners but escaped again.  On Friday, April 27 I saw her running down 78th street approaching the intersection of Winona and Ashworth.  She disappeared between two houses.  I called both numbers to let the owners know I had spotted her but didn’t receive a return phone call from them. Roxy’s owners: please keep her safe and out of danger from getting hit by a car.

• Roxy's owner says:

Hello,

Roxy has still not been returned to us. She was never captured since her first escape. We’re doing all we can to try and recover her unharmed. Thank you for the great tip!!

• Ryanrgordon says:

Saw a dog matching Roxy’s description near 57th and Keystone heading towards Mighty O Donuts at 7:15 pm.