On Wednesday, April 18, Thursday, April 19, and Friday, April 20, 2012, several Seattle Parks facilities maintenance crews and grounds maintenance crews will descend on Green Lake Park for a two day “maintenance jamboree.”
The Parks Department shares the following information:
There will be temporary impacts on park users because one of the projects is to resurface the outer (“perimeter”) running path, which will cause rolling closures of the path that users will need to negotiate.
Work on the path starts on April 18 at the Bathhouse Theater and moves clockwise to the pitch and putt golf course. In some areas a lane of traffic will also be diverted. Flaggers will be on site both for the path and the street as needed.
Although the work will temporarily affect use of the path, the project will result in a smooth new surface in time for summer. Parks resurfaced the inner path in January.
Other projects the crews will accomplish include:
- Pressure washing the Aquatheater
- Renovating Ballfield #3 to grass to reduce the need for maintenance and improve safety, for t-ball and casual use
- Adding cobblestones to the parking lot shrub beds at Green Lake Community Center to improve sidewalks and reduce the size of the beds, reducing the need for maintenance
- Reducing the size of the Bathhouse Theater shrub bed and improving the irrigation
- Mulching tree groves around the lake to reduce the need for maintenance
- Painting the stripe on the interior Green Lake path
- Fixing a drainage problem to eliminate standing water on the path
- Replacing signs
Parks apologizes for the inconvenience and thanks park users for their patience. For information about the jamboree, please call Colleen Hackett at 206-423-4460.