Boy Scout Troop 186, a North Seattle-based Boy Scout troop, is conducting a fundraising e-cycling drive next Sunday (Jan. 23, 2011). ”We’re shooting to raise $5,000 for scholarships for scouts and to help fund next month’s trip to Ecuador to visit our ‘brother’ troop there and perform community service,” Christopher Mascis of Troop 186 told us.
During the e-cycling drive, the boy scouts will pick up and responsibly recycle obsolete electronics.
Troop 186 will be charging $25.00 for each 2′X2′X2′ box of electronics and $25 for each monitor or TV. There will be a $20 surcharge for each printer.
The following electronic equipment will be accepted:
- Laptops, Desktops, Monitors (CRT & LCD)
- Modems, Networking Equipment & Cables
- Printers & Printer Cartridges
- iPods, MP3 Players, Game Consoles
- VCRs, DVD Players & Cables, Stereos
- TVs (Flat screen & CRT)
- Cell Phones, Home Phones & Accessories
- Radios, CD players, Cassette Players and other personal home electronics
E-mail email@example.com this week to schedule a pickup time on Sunday.