O’Neil’s Grocery, a convenience store that once served the west side of Green Lake, can be seen here in this 1959 snapshot:
O’Neil’s was located at 6522 Fremont Ave N. In 1998, a permit was issued to change the location’s land use from “multi purpose convenience store” to “administrative offices.” The address is currently occupied by CancerLifeline‘s Dorothy O’Brien Center.
This east Green Lake grocery store and deli, pictured here in 1956, was located at 301 NE 65th St:
An interesting footnote: A November 26, 1941 Seattle Times article reports that a truck carrying a load of sawdust crashed through the corner doors of this grocery store. Earlier this summer, a similar incident took place at Petdaddy, the current business occupying this address.