Truck smashes into Petdaddy on 65th and Latona

What do you think? (9 Comments) July 7, 2010 at 9:40AM

Note: updated at 2:45 p.m.

This morning (Wednesday, July 7, 2010) at around 1:30 a.m. a truck crashed into Petdaddy, a self-serve dog wash and dog boutique located at 301 NE 65th St, across the street from Latona Pub.

KING 5 and KOMO 4 were both on the scene:

KOMO reports that police believe the truck’s driver was drunk.  He has been arrested.

The following note has been left on Petdaddy’s website:

Dear Customers,

Unfortunately we will be closed due to a car crashing into our store this morning. We will do our best to open up in a few days. We appreciate your patience and will do our best to get you a grooming appointment right away.

The scene at 12:45 this afternoon:

9 Responses to “Truck smashes into Petdaddy on 65th and Latona”

1. Bay says:

Oh those poor owners. :( I know they've been having trouble recently, cutting way back on stocking food and accessories. I hope insurance covers their damages!

2. Jenny DB says:

Oh man, this is RIGHT near our store. Any word on WHY the driver crashed into the store?

3. doglover says:

Please consider visiting Petdaddy when they reopen. This is a fantastic place, and an asset to our community. My husband and I have been taking our dogs here since they opened, and we love it. These guys need our support right now.

4. mygreenlake says:

Hi Jenny,

The driver was drunk, and has been arrested. I've updated the post above with this info…

-amy

5. Bay says:

6. Jenny DB says:

Oh man, this is RIGHT near our house. Any word on WHY the driver crashed into the store?

7. doglover says:

8. mygreenlake says:

Hi Jenny,

-amy

9. [...] In the early morning hours of July 7, 2010, a drunk driver crashed into Petdaddy, a self-serve dog wash and dog boutique located at 301 NE 65th St, across the street from Latona Pub.  (Read about the crash here.) [...]