Armed robbery at Green Lake Ben & Jerry's

What do you think? (13 Comments) May 5, 2010 at 6:17PM
Green Lake Ben and Jerry's

Green Lake Ben & Jerry's

The Green Lake Ben & Jerry’s was robbed today (Wednesday, May 5, 2010).

Shortly before 2 p.m., a white male wearing a mask casually walked into the ice cream shop.  The shop was empty except for Andy, the owner, who sat at the front counter playing a game on his laptop.

The masked man reached into the waistband of his pants and pulled out a 9mm gun.  Pointing it directly at Andy, he demanded that Andy empty the cash register.  Today was a slow day for Andy, and he only had about $200 cash on hand.  He gave it all to the man, who calmly took it.  The man then told Andy to get down on the ground and count to 100 before getting back up again.

Once the man was gone, Andy called the police.  They arrived very quickly.  The police took a description and told Andy that a similar incident had just happened in Ballard.  My Ballard is reporting that an armed robbery took place this afternoon at 1:35 p.m. at the Blockbuster at NW 59th St and 15th Ave NW.

Andy describes the armed man as white, about 6’1″, and skinny.  He was wearing a mask, a white jacket over a hoody, and jeans.

Do you know anything about this crime?  If so, contact officer E.H. Johnson at the North Precinct (1-206-684-0850) and cite incident #10-146513.

Let’s all show Andy a little love and stop by for a scoop tomorrow.  Ben & Jerry’s is located in the Lakeside Plaza at 7900 East Green Lake Dr N.

13 Responses to “Armed robbery at Green Lake Ben & Jerry's”

1. Scott Smith says:

thats terrible and it stresses me out since I own a business in the building. Hopefully they catch him and it was an isolated incident.

2. todd64th says:

After Andy identified the guy, and you identified Andy, and the suspect is still on the loose, armed with a 9mm? My family may wait until the suspect is caught before returning to Ben and Jerry's.

3. Anne Kelly says:

Hmmm…perhaps supporting a business after the fact would be a good thing. Poor guy. I think I will go for a run tomorrow and then get a cone.

4. Anne Kelly says:

Just an FYI…parking enforcement is out in force. Someone got a parking ticket in our 3 minute load zone today…I run the childcare at the Green Lake Church of Seventh-day Adventists. Be careful, the city is in need of extra money I guess…Parents do not dawdle.

5. castgs says:

My car window was smashed in on Monday. I'm glad they are in the area. See the post in lost and found. My daughters book bag was taken between 1-2pm during a dentist appt. Our car was next to Lake Realty, corner of 78th & Ashworth.

6. Jessi says:

My car's window was broken in and they took my purse out of my trunk..Apparently this has been happening quite often in the Green Lake area. Cameras might be necessary…

7. Jessi says: